Friday, September 14, 2007

A Pat on the Back...

That's what the Patriots got, a Pat on the back. Bill Belichick was fined half a million dollars, and the team, $250,000. Here's what's noteworthy. Belichick makes $4 million a year. He's in the middle of a divorce, and his wife will get half. All of a sudden, he makes $2 million. Add the $500,000 fine, and he's at $1.5 million. I'm no math genious, but that tells me that it will hit him pretty hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not feeling sorry for Belichick, we should all be so lucky to make $1.5 million a year. But it will hit him harder than most think.

Additionally, if the Pats make the playoffs, congrats to them! They lose a 1st round pick!. If they don't, they'll lose a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Neat-o...

By the way, one of my dearest friends of all-time sent me the new Patriots logo... You gotta like this one...

No comments: